Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A light post to take note of

I loathe the fact that I already have my year planned out down to the weekends of each month but I have made piece with the control freak that is me. And it also feels good to have a plan and set of goals, not so much resolutions, even though life has proven that its only certainty is uncertainty but that part excites me equally. What these plans for 2011 and The Paperhouse Review constitute though is something for another post. And planning and taking notes require blank pages as we never know when that most profound idea or inspiration that could change the course of our directions hits and needs to be penned down.

A favourite buy of mine has to be notebooks. I sometimes feel though that the writing that is to be penned down in them should be worthy of their prettiness, hence the fact that there are some beautiful EMPTY notebooks on my shelf and desk. But still I go on buying them. The Wunderlust Notebook (below) is a great one for travellers and mine has some stories to tell, even if it is primarily an account of how we went over budget most of the days. Its pages have very quirky travel related watermarks which makes it the most character filled notebook and one of my favourites of all time. I received a red Moleskin as a parting gift before our stay in Asia which is just as great a travel companion and have been filled with musings, places to drink the best coffee (a hard find when Starbucks gets too expensive and commercial) and a forced account of our weekend in Yangshuo due to the fact that I lost our camera and the rest of my handbag on the sleeper bus.





My most recent addition came as a freebie when I was not only lucky enough to at last buy my dream car, but received a goodie bag which included a set of very trendy notebooks ...unfortunately my first speed ticket in 4 years soon followed as well.



The 2011 Moleskin came out with my favourite cartoon characters of all time, a MUST HAVE for my notebook collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment